Saturday, June 03, 2006

A little bit o' nothin...

Ok - Let me catch you up on life here at the Crossing.

I had my hip appointment yesterday. I arrived at 12:15 - a little early for my 12:40 appointment, but the traffic was light and I sailed right in. I checked in at the desk and the girl says, "Your appointment is for 1pm."
I said, "My appointment card says 12:40".
She says, "Well, your appointment is for 1."
I pull out my card and say, "I'm not making a stink, but here is my card and it says 12:40."
She says, "If the doctor comes back from lunch early, maybe he will agree to take you early."
I say, "My appointment is at 12:40. I'd be very happy if he took me sooner." I smile sweetly.
(I'm such a witch... um I mean... b****)
The take me in at 12:45.
The doc looks at me. Checks a bunch of stuff and tells me I'm not a classic case for anything. No surprise there! He tells me I need an MRI.
So - that's my next step - an MRI.
I'll keep you posted...

Two guys delivered the propane tank for the Grandbug's house yesterday. It looks like a green submarine. It's cool! The drywallers are supposed to be here today. They are not. Patience is a virtue...

I went to the Middle School to help out with the honor roll celebration. They got moon bounces, a snowcone machine and all kinds of goodies for the kids. The kids had a great time! They had pingpong, board games, candy, soda, yearbooks to sign.. it was a middle schooler's heaven!
I was helping put the pingpong tables away. One kid decided to give the table a push (I'm sure he thought he was being helpful) and it fell over. As it went over it took my arm with it. My wrist and my arm look like I've been in a fight. A real nasty black and blue. Another lady ran over and tried to help me push the table back upright. We were struggling with it - if we didn't win, we'd have been crushed - and one kid came over and attempted to try to sorta help. (#1 Son is a great helper and I'm used to kids who just jump in and know what to do to help. I'd say I'm spoiled in that regard.) Basically the kid was useless, but he stopped the wheels from turning and we got the thing upright. I ran for ice. I'd take a picture, but the digital camera is in the Great White North with Mr. Bug. Even the principal was grossed out. It's really pretty. :-)

Need a laugh? My Auntie S. sent me this:
A guy gets on a plane and finds himself seated next to a cute blonde.
He immediately turns to her and makes his move. "You know," he says, "I've heard that flights will go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger. So let's talk."

The blonde, who had just opened her book, closes it slowly and says to the guy, "What would you like to discuss?"
"Oh, I don't know," says the guy, "How about nuclear power?"
"OK," says the blonde. "That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff--grass. Yet the deer excretes little pellets, the cow turns out a flat patty, and the horse produces muffins of dried poop. Why do you suppose that is?"

The guy is dumbfounded. Finally he replies, "I haven't the slightest idea."
"So tell me," says the blonde, "How is it that you feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don't know sh*t?

I just love stuff like this!!
LBC

10 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I have been so out of it lately because I have been in Illinois helping my parents move permantely to Arizona. I am still not home yet but should be by the 6th. ARe you going to have a hip replacement or what? I just wondered? Sandy

craziequeen said...

Is your arm all rainbow-coloured now?

I hate MRIs - I'm claustrophobia and freak out in the tube.....

cq

Anonymous said...

First of all, that receptionist was a B-*-T-C-H!!!!

An MRI...what fun! Not. Keep us up to date, please.

Patience is a virtue I do NOT possess! LOL

OUCH!!! I certainly hope that kid was trying to help, but still....OUCH!!! I hope it feels better soon!

LMAO at that email!

Lazy Daisy said...

Just remember....No good deed goes unpunished. I'm sure that Mr. Bug will believe that a table fell on you.

I might have to go with stepping into a pro wrestling ring.

Keep us posted on the hip.

Katherine said...

Ack! I must have missed some posts while moving - why the MRI?? I hope you're OK!! Good for you for insisting you knew the correct appt. time. I hate those receptionists that try to play God, seriously, what is up with the attitude?! Sorry about your arm, too, you're having quite the time.

Katherine said...

P.S. I loved the joke!

Melzie said...

great funny!!! So... an MRI-- when is this-- this week? Still thinking good, positive thoughts!

Susan said...

Oh my goodness...your story at the end almost made me spit coke through my nose!!!!!! :-)

Hope the MRI shows SOMETHING that will lead you to answers.

Pete said...

If you don't like closed in spaces you should find out if somewhere in your area has an open MRI. Good luck. Thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous said...

[url]http://www.geocities.com/problem397play/professional-online-poker-player.htm[/url]