Thursday, May 07, 2009

Rejected...

Well, we got the news that #1 did not get Drum Major yesterday. They gave it to a girl. Yet another girl. Now, I'm all for affirmative action, but we've had a girl 2 years in a row. Now we will have girls 3 years in a row. The girls he chose are nice people, but when they get on that podium, they just don't have "it".
You need a presence on a podium. My #1 is quite a ham and would have given the judges exactly what they are looking for. The girl they chose - ummm.... not so much. I guess this bodes well for when LLB comes along... She's got the right equipment.
The best part of this rejection is that now I can back off from volunteering. I don't have to do as much. I can go see Auntie when she's here over the summer instead of spending my time at Band Camp. When they want stuff done, I can say that The Girl's Mom can do it. I'm busy.
The second best part of this rejection is that now I don't have to purchase a new $1,000 podium. Our family was going to purchase a new one because the podium the kids use is just scaffolding and it's not very safe. As a matter of fact, it's down right creepy to watch the kids up there with no railings. But, now I don't have to sweat that.
I'll put that money I'd been saving towards our new windows.

No comments: