Thursday, August 27, 2009

T minus 24 hours...

Our new windows are due to arrive at 8am tomorrow morning.

Seeing out is a new concept around here because almost every window we have - and we have 24 - has broken seals. Moisture has crept between the panes and left a haze. The haze will be gone, the mullions will be between the windows for easy cleaning, and we will finally be air tight.

Oh and all of my windows will match!!! Right now some have mullions, some have partial mullions, and some have no mullions. It's lovely... really. (Most people probably don't notice, but I do.)

There is one downside to all of this: I'll actually have to wash the windows now... I refused to wash those hazy windows - it made no difference. It's a small price to pay.

I have two new doors coming as well, but those are taking a little longer.
I can be patient. Lord knows I've waited 5 years, what's another 2 weeks?

No comments: