Monday, October 19, 2009

Big Doings...

#1 made National Honor Society!
He is thrilled that his hard work paid off. We got the forms to fill out last week - they were intense! When I was in National Honor Society, I didn't have to fill out forms or anything. I got a note that said to show up to be inducted. Yes, I know.. I'm old. Things have changed.

Tomorrow night, #1 is off to a VMI orientation evening. He is totally psyched! Right now VMI is his first choice for college. I am pretty sure he can get in with his grades, community service, class rank, and extracurricular activities. I just hope they have funds available for him, as I do not.

On Thursday we are off to Disney on Ice - Celebrations! The female population in this house is very excited to be going. Needless to say, #1 has decided that homework is far more his style and he'll be staying home to do it. No surprise there!

This weekend brings another competition and #1's 17th birthday. He will spend his day with his friends marching, hauling equipment, eating cake, and generally having a good time. And - No - I cannot believe that I have a 17 year old thankyouverymuch.

No comments: