Friday, December 04, 2009

It's like this...

It's Merry Christmas - not happy holidays.
It's a Christmas tree, not a holiday tree, a Hanukkah tree, or even a Kwanzaa tree...
I'm not shopping for holiday presents. I'm shopping for Christmas presents.
If you don't celebrate my holiday, I'm fine with that, but 'tis the season, you know? If you don't celebrate Christmas but you shop the Christmas sales, that's absolutely terrific, but please realize that without my holiday, you wouldn't be gettin' these sale prices.

So, when I go into a store that has Christmas trees for sale. I'd like them labeled as such.
Ditto for the ornaments to go on said trees.
The stockings that are hung - those are Christmas stockings... it's okay to call them what they are.

Like it or not, it's the Christmas season.
So...
Don't tell me to have a happy holiday...
It's "Merry Christmas!"... dammit.

No comments: