Monday, April 11, 2011

Prom...

Was this past Saturday.  #1 is 18 and told me that I can put his image on my blog. So -- here is the boy. I love this picture!
Here are the flowers he got for his date:
Here he is with his date - who does actually have a lovely face...  Her dress is perfect for her personality. She is fun and a bit on the gothic side...  They are good friends who eat lunch together every day.

I worked the After Prom Party - as usual. We arrived at the school at 11:30pm and finished up at about 5:15am.
The kids had a great time.
#1 didn't win anything, but he had fun anyway.
What I found a bit irritating was when we were leaving, a kid backed into me and didn't stop to see if he had done any damage...  Yes, I know... my car needs a bulls eye painted on it.
So - kid with the red car - next time you back into someone, do the responsible thing and get out to see if you did any damage. By leaving, you have made yourself a hit and run driver. (This is not something you want on your resume, I'm sure.) Take responsibility for your actions.  Fortunately for you, my rear door and bumper suffered no damage. I can still open and close said rear door and there is no dent in the bumper. 
#1 and I arrived home shortly after 6:15am.  (He absolutely had to go to McDo for breakfast with his friends -- the ones he'd been with all night...) 
When LLB got up for the day at 7:30, I was still awake.  She asked me if I was going to be at the After Prom party for her next year and the year after.  What kind of crazy question is that? Of course! I wouldn't miss it for the world!
Although, we will be glad when she's a senior because it will mean that our all-nighters will be all done!  We are MUCH too old for that stuff anymore!

1 comment:

Renee Nefe said...

Handsome boy there! I'm not sure I can do the all nighter...I value my sleep too much.