Monday, September 10, 2018

Learning new things

Today I learned that Mini steals yarn - whether I’m finished with it or not. She stole a ball right off my spot on the couch that was connected to the beginning of a blanket. She wrapped the strand all over the family room and up the stairs. Somehow I only lost about 5 stitches. When she was done, she deposited it in our room near my dresser where I’d be sure to find it. I was not pleased...

Today  I was not up for working on the blanket associated with the ball of yarn above, so I decided to learn something new. I’d seen a couple of articles on Tunisian Crochet. I have some super soft yarn, and a Tunisian Crochet hook. I watched a video. I read up on the technique. I figured I’d give it a shot.  I like it. I like the result which is thick and snuggly. I like the technique. It’s different and I’m not very fast, but I’ll get there! I’m about 1/4 of the way done with a scarf. Yes, I am pretty impressed with myself!

Tomorrow I’m going to learn new things, too! I’ve got bible study in the morning. I always learn something there!

Tomorrow afternoon I’m headed to my shooting class. I’m so so excited! I am hoping they can help me with my aim. I don’t know if it’s the glasses combined with the eye protection or just the eyes, but I need a little help in that department. I’m looking forward to using the simulator as well as trying out  a bunch different weapons. I’ll be learning lots.


No comments: