Friday, May 19, 2006

Friday's Fiasco

Hi all!!
I haven't been posting because I've been straight out this week. I've had builder issues caused by stupid people at the town hall and multiplied in intensity by the power company. Needless to say, nobody knows what they want and I'm left waiting in the wings with spaghetti wires coming out of my walls. But, we did get stairs this week!! Check them out:


We discovered that we have a boarder... A Mommy bird has taken up residence in the ceiling joists in the family room/kitchen area. We are worried that she might not be able to stay until her babies are born and ready to fly. Any suggestions??


I had my last 2 bell concerts of the school year, have finished with grades, and briefly considered making awards for my students. (I'm still working on that one). Our last concert was today and all went quite well.

I have started the newsletter for my newcomer's group - those of you who know me remember when I stopped doing the newsletter at my old church, I swore I would never ever do that again... Ha!! So much for that! I spent 2 days reformatting the newsletter, and I am almost finished. I have a couple more things to get in there and then I can publish it! It's so much work, but it is really rewarding.

Today I had an appointment at the orthopaedist for hip/back pain that has reached the point of totally unbearable. When I arrived at the office - after driving in rush hour traffic for 45min. - I discovered that my physician's office staff dropped the ball and didn't submit my referral to my insurance company. You know what that means?? NO APPOINTMENT! Was I annoyed? Ummm.. yup. The chick at my physican's office had the nerve to tell me that it wasn't her fault. Excuse me?? I can't do the paperwork - only you can do the paperwork, HONEY... So, I'm still in a lot of pain and I still have no answers... maybe the paperwork will be done by Wednesday's appointment.

I drowned my sorrows and my serious pain in some power shopping at AC Moore. Yup, I got some scrapping stuff!! Woohoo for me! I also poked around at Target, Kohls and Old Navy for a while. I didn't find much, but it was kind of nice to just poke around while I waited for time to pass. (Mr. Bug and I had arranged to meet for a lunch date and I wasn't just going home to have a fried egg sandwich by myself.) Mr. Bug took me to lunch at Costco. I know, I'm a cheap date, but the pizza is pretty good.

In the good news department, LLB placed 3rd overall in the History Challenge at her school. She wins a field trip with 5 other students to a historical re-enactment tomorrow. She was thrilled!! She was a bit sad that one of her bestest friends (with whom she shared her birthday) placed as well, but couldn't go due to prior commitments. Alas, we cannot have it all. So, I drop her off in the morning and pick her up in the evening. Life is sooo good.

LadyBug

No comments: