Monday, October 09, 2006

Monday Memories



Monday Memories: Did I ever tell you About our Oktoberfest Party?


Yesterday was the Newcomers' Oktoberfest held out here at The Crossing. It was an absolutely gorgeous day - cool enough to be fall, but warm enough to be outside. The trees had turned just a smidge - the yellows and reds are out now - and the sun made them almost glow. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect afternoon!

We had 17 people turn out. Mr. Bug served his famous bratwurst in beer. They were phenomenal! Everyone brought a side dish to share - they were all delicious! Mr. Bug particularly liked the red cabbage, the calico beans and the kraut. My friend F, brought a wonderful warm German Potato Salad. It was to die for. (FYI - I usually only like my mom's potato salad, but this was wonderful!) My friend E, brought the most wonderful apple cobbler thing. It was served warm with ice cream. (I used Grambug's oven to keep it warm and it worked like a charm!) Yummmm... I've got to get the recipes for both of those items - and when I do, I'll share with all of you out there in blogland.

We had a bonfire complete with smores to end the evening. It was a perfect day in the country!

LadyBug

Click here for the Monday Memories Code, Blogroll, Graphics, & Other Information





Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!

8 comments:

Lazy Daisy said...

We had a soggy weekend. Your's sounds possitively delicious. Glad you had such a good turnout...must go and wipe drool off of my keyboard now!

Jane said...

YUMMY! I wish I could have been there. Send me some brats and smores....by overnight mail....PLEASE!!!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Just like Lazy Daisy now that I am hungry!! Yummy!! I would like those recipes. Sound great..My MM is up now finally...late today...

Just D said...

what a fun and happy day! I LOVE days like that - this weather is so perfect!

FruitfulSpirit said...

Sounds so yummy and like you had lots of fun! I haven't had a good bratwurst in ages! And apple cobbler too! What a wonderful sharing for Monday! Mine is up. Happy Monday!

PS I am the Debbie who once was Reverberate just in case you are wondering!

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Sounds like you had a fun time and a nice new recent memory!

Katherine said...

Oh, I looove fall! That sounds like a lot of fun.

MaR said...

It sounds like lots of fun...and delicious!!!