Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Marriage Me Me

I've had this wedding meme set aside for quite some time. I could wait for our anniversary, but I just know I'll forget to post it. So - here it is:

1. Where/how did you meet? At a softball game. He was on the bench waiting for his turn and I came to watch the guys in my office.
2. How long have you known each other? We met in May of 1987
3. How long after you met did you start dating? 6 months or so. My office mates weren't thrilled when we started dating as they believed it was like Snow White meets Darth Vader. Alas, they knew not of what they spoke.
4. How long did you date before you were engaged? Just over a year. We got engaged at Christmas. My ring was in the toe of my stocking.
5. How long was your engagement? A year
6. How long have you been married? It will be 18 years in December
7. What is your anniversary? 12-9-1989
8. How many people came to your wedding reception? 80 Nice and small.
9. What kind of cake did you serve? Carrot with butter cream frosting
10. Where was your wedding? Wilmington Congregational Church for the ceremony and The Andover Inn for the reception
11. What did you serve for your meal? Lots and lots of hors D'euvres and a carving station
12. How many people were in your wedding party? My sister, my friend Jen, Mr.'s Dad and brothers
13. Are you still friends with them all? Yes
14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? Yes
15. Most special moment of your wedding day? I have a couple. It snowed just a few snowflakes as I walked into the church. I look at that as my blessing from above. Peeking into the church with my dad to see everyone. Watching Mr.'s face as I walked up the aisle.
16. Any funny moments? Mr.'s ring wouldn't go on his finger!! LOL!!
17. Any big disasters? Our organist backed out the day before. I called an old friend of the family and she bailed us out. I told her she could play whatever she wanted.
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Stowe, Vermont - the coldest week of the year. Too cold to ski.
19. How long were you gone? A week
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? Working heat in the condo at Stowe. The heat wasn't working - at all - and it was the coldest week they'd ever had up there. Yup - about Tuesday, I asked to go home to our nice warm house in MA. We got moved to a different condo with heat. :-)
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? Left
22. What size is your bed? Queen
23. Greatest strength as a couple? Together we can do anything
24. Greatest challenge as a couple? Ummm... I dunno
25. Who literally pays the bills? Me.
26. What is your song? As time goes by
27. What did you dance your first dance to? As time goes by
28. Describe your wedding dress: Long sleeved, high neck, lots of lace, candlelight white, perfect length train long enough to look great - short enough to bustle up... simply gorgeous!
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? Creamy white roses and stephanotis with holly.
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? No. Mine cost exactly $22 at Service Merchandise. His cost $50 because it was a little wider. :-) Yes, we always were pretty cheap!
31. How old were you when you got married? I was 25. He was 36. I'd do it all over again. Actually we renewed our vows when we'd been married 10 years. We will probably renew at 20, too!

3 comments:

Melli said...

Oh THIS one is quite a bit different than the other one I did! I'll have to do this one too! In a few days...

Our wedding rings were incredibly cheap too -- I think we got ours at W.C. Bell - which might have been the precursor to Service Merchandise! LOL!

Shortie said...

Oh I loved all of this!!!!

Clearlykels said...

Ok- I've had a lot of posts to catch up on!!!

1- I want to see you wedding album
2- I did not know Mr was 11 years older than you.
3- You two are freaking adorable.
4- I can't believe your bands were that cheap.
5- Seriously, you went somewhere cold for your honeymoon :-)