Saturday, March 22, 2008

Projects

School projects make me crazy.
School projects - especially those assigned in Spanish Class - are simply assigned to drive parents insane.

The last Spanish project was to find a recipe for an authentic Spanish dish and either make it or describe how to make it in Spanish. #1 chose Paella. He described it. I don't have $100 for seafood to make that yummy dish - well, not for his classmates anyway. He got an A.

This vacation, #1's Spanish teacher assigned him a family tree project.
It's not that bad an assignment, but it's vacation!

Oh and when one side of the tree has six siblings and the other side has two, you get a very lopsided tree.

Just know that this foolishness is done.
#1 got sick of the whole thing as he was typing all the names into the computer so we could print, cut, make sticky, and then stick them onto the extremely lopsided tree. But he finished.

I am not 100% happy with the way it turned out, but since it's not my project, it really doesn't matter what I think. He'll get an A because he completed the assignment and it is pretty cool.

As I've told my boy before - Get your A and get out.

That's what he's doin'...

No comments: