Saturday, November 29, 2008

Set Adrift by Lands End...

Lands' End is my favorite store. I shop there as frequently as my budget will allow. Their clothes are classic, good quality, and they fit me quite nicely. Gram happens to like their clothing very much, too.

Today I was shopping at Sears in the Lands' End department. They had peacoats on sale for 30% off. Gram has wanted one for quite some time and I thought it would make a great Christmas gift for her. She tried on a couple and we decided that she really needed the petite.
They didn't have anything in a petite.
She wanted black.
They only had navy blue.
We decided to try another store to see if maybe they might have what she wanted.
Nope.
I called Lands' End from the second store to request the coat be sent since they didn't have the size or the color in the store. I was told that I could have the coat, but not at the 30% off price.
You know... that's just not fair.

The coat is not an inexpensive item. The 30% discount comes to approximately $30.

We tried everything to find this coat.

If I want it, I'll have to pay full price.
I'm not sure I want it that badly.
The coat is lovely, but...
They did offer me free shipping.
Lucky me... I already have a code - one they sent me in this morning's email

So, Lands' End, my very full shopping cart sits at your website waiting to check out. You could have had a very lucrative sale had you honored the 30% discount. You would have more than made up the $30.

Hmmm... I wonder if LL has a peacoat.

No comments: