Sunday, November 15, 2009

Phew! That was fast!

Wow! I can't believe it's Sunday and that I'm home, somewhat rested, and here chatting with all of you.

The bell fest went off quite well. The headmaster from the school decided to come. (I think the fact that he had choice of vomit or handbells may have had a little something to do with his presence, but I'm not fussy. Whatever got him to the festival is fine with me.) His just being there solved a multitude of problems. I didn't have to worry one bit about behavior, any chaperoning issues, or anything. I told him how much I appreciated his presence. I felt a giant weight come off of my shoulders when I saw him walking towards my registration table. What a blessing!!!

The other teacher did show up - sometime late Friday. That's all I'm going to say on that.

As for my children and their competition. I got a call on Saturday morning upon their arrival at the competition field. It was pouring rain. Why should this week be any different than the last 3? LOL!  At noon I got another weather update - it was warm and cloudy, but not rainy. The kids were eating and then they were going to change into their uniforms.
That's the last I heard from them until 4:30 or so...
Mr. called. It did not rain. They marched and played very very well. Their score - 92.75!!! Wow! That's another school record!!!
Their place?
First!
The kids were sooo excited! They beat out 17 other bands. They got their collective act together and cranked it up. I am so glad.
It's still not about winning - although it's nice that their hard work is recognized. It's about working together and having fun.
They did just that on Saturday.

No comments: