Thursday, July 15, 2010

Do Cats Fart?

Well, believe it or not, they do!!
I've been a cat owner for about 20 years and until this morning at 5:32am, I had no idea that cats actually  COULD fart!
I was blissfully facebooking on my iTouch from my soft and comfy bed in the early morning silence when I heard it... the soft pffft.  I knew it wasn't Mr.  The sound didn't come from his side of the bed - and it was WAY to soft and sweet to be his anyway.
That pffft -- It came from across the room... across the room by the window.
I pulled my head up to see who had made that noise.
Mini Kitty looked at me... there was guilt written all over her face!
She quickly turned and looked out the window as if to say, "Lady, it wasn't me. You're hearing things."
Well, my friends, I know what I heard...
This morning for the first time in my life I heard a cat fart!
And I just HAD to share!

2 comments:

grambug said...

Thanks for sharing! Do you suppose it's a learned behavior ....... you know, like heredity vs. environment?

.45ACP+P said...

I have cats that fart and snore. no surprise to me at all. Dog farts can clear a room! Cats are considerably more potent but not so voluminous, thak God!.