Friday, October 22, 2010

It's Homecoming!

It's the weekend! This means that it's homecoming - Parade and game today, dance tomorrow.
I've made chocolate covered marshmallows for the band kids. A huge thank you goes out to Bloom and Giant for their generous donations of sprinkles.  Here are the marshmallows.  They are contained... briefly! I've got to curl the ribbons and then make pretty displays. They are HUGE marshmallows! (That measuring cup in the picture is a 1/4 cup measure.)
As you know, my #1 son wanted to celebrate his birthday with his friends at tonight's game. This means that I needed cake. The only time I could get the cake was yesterday. Of course one wouldn't be enough, so I had to get two.  And of course they needed to be refrigerated.
This is what my fridge looks like - you need to be VERY careful when you open it because you just don't know what might try to jump out or escape or simply fall on your foot.  The milk is wedged in there. The rest of the shelves were full before I started, so I did some "creative fridge shelf stacking" yesterday. I think it's a sport worthy of an Olympic sanction -- or at the very least, it should be a required Mensa test.
So - it's going to be a busy, but fun weekend around here. My house, which is currently upside down, will eventually be righted and everything put back to normal. But until then - if you come to visit, push a pile aside, have a seat and enjoy the chaos!

1 comment:

Renee Nefe said...

when do you get a break?