Monday, June 11, 2018

An aha moment...

I was sitting in church today while our priest described what Jesus was like. I’m paraphrasing but basically she said Jesus was different, an outsider, and certainly not ordinary. He went out and performed miracles on the sabbath and did what he did for the benefit of all. He didn’t care what people thought about him, he had a job to do and he did it because he was called to do it... his family supported him, but often thought he’d lost his mind.

And as I sat there, I thought... wow! That description sounds a lot like our own President. I’m not saying that Trump is the next coming of Christ, but I am saying that he has a lot of Christ like qualities. Trump is an outsider and is definitely not ordinary. He is a little rough around the edges. The establishment thinks he is crazy. He didn’t think he’d ever be a politician. He is a businessman. He works for the good of every American. He believes that he can help our great nation become even greater. He might not toss tables in the temple, but his twitter feed is definitely making waves! He tells it like it is. Jesus had deciples, President Trump has his advisors. As for miracles - the job report, the booming economy, my retirement fund, and the extra cash in my paycheck each week could be considered miraculous.
We, as a nation, are blessed that Mr Trump is willing to take the crap from the media and those who disagree with him and poo poo his work day in and day out because he believes in what he is doing and that he was called to serve. That, my friends, is a true gift.
It is time for those who disagree to stop for a moment, take a deep breath, and remember that the Office of President is one that needs to be respected regardless of what you think of the guy who holds it. He has accomplished so much already. Focus on the good. Life here in the USA is good. It can be better. Listen to the man - I mean really listen. Don’t “yeah, but”. Listen.

No comments: