Sunday, July 01, 2018

To RSVP or ....

We had a church thing here last night. When I started cooking we had a crowd of 12 who did RSVP and that number dropped to 10. 17 people showed up. That’s 5 extra mouths to feed. Had I expected 15, I could feed 17, no problem. But 5 extra people?

If you don’t RSVP, you need to learn to do it. Do it for the hostess who is planning food. She wants to have enough and doesn’t mind a few leftovers but doesn’t want to eat them for a week... but she doesn’t want to be short... and technically, I was short. And if you show up and you were asked to bring a side dish, bring a side. Please. Fruit salad is fine, even watermelon, but please bring a real side dish - salad, pasta salad, roasted potatoes, something to fill out the meal...

So - be kind to your hostess. RSVP and bring what you were asked to bring... please!

2 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

No kidding! There is also the reverse where I had about 15 people say they were coming who didn't show up...I had to pay for their meals.

Ladybug Crossing said...

Oh yes... I’ve experienced that, too... not pleased...