Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Venting 101

So - if you don't want to hear me whine or complain, here is your out. Move on and don't read. I know there is suffering and other huge nasty things going on in the world, but - It's my blog and I'll squawk if I want to.

It all started at 8:30 yesterday morning.
I got a call from the car rental place asking when I was going to return the rental car. I told her that as soon as I had my car back, I'd be happy to return it, but that I hadn't heard from the fix-it shop.
"Oh, your car was done late Wednesday. The insurance company stopped paying for your rental on Thursday."
"What?!?!"
The conversation continued.
I hung up and immediately called the fix-it.
They told me they would handle the car rental since I never got a call.
I left and picked up my sweet marshmallow.

I stopped to fill the rental with gas and my marshmallow needed gas as well. I charged the first tank. I handed the charge card to my dad to swipe to fill the CRV. It was denied. Excuse me? I have enough credit to purchase a car on that thing - full price. I pay my bill in full.

I called the card company. Oh... nope. We didn't deny you. You are all set - it must have been that the first charge wasn't completed before the second one started. Please continue on and go shopping. Grr....

Fast forward to 5:25pm.
I'm on my way to bell rehearsal. I have to pick up a member of the choir.
My "check engine" light goes on.
The engine coughs.
I pull over.
Mr. is on his way to swap cars.
The temperature gauge goes up and up and up.
I turn off the car.

Deliver me from this nightmare! I don't DO cars that don't work.

Fast forward to 7:30pm
Mr. gets a call from the doctor's office that says LLB has strep. Remember when we had that test done 2 WEEKS AGO?? OMG! I'm furious.
Mr. is upset because he can't answer the questions that the nurse asked him. He's thoroughly embarrassed. (Although, I don't know why because most fathers don't know those answers. My dad never did... still doesn't!!)
I get home and call the Doc's office emergency number and tell them what I know. That I'm frustrated and confused. I couldn't get an answer two weeks ago and I still really don't know what is going on.
The head Doc, who I trust and like, called me back - twice. He ordered her some augmentin and promised to get to the bottom of it. We'll see...

#1 is playing in the pit orchestra for the high school musical. He asked me to get there at 9 so he could go home early. He was released at 10:10. I still had to stop and get LLB's medication. Yes... it was a late night.

Now this morning...
I have to take my marshmallow to the dealer to figure out what is going on. I have a 1:30 appointment. I think I'll leave at noon just to make sure I have time to break down and still get there.

So... if I'm testy or cranky today - now you know why.

No comments: