Monday, April 14, 2008

Winding Down...

The school year has started to wind down.
How do I know this?
Simple...

The children are getting their ducks in a row for awards and such.

#1 had to get his "band tally sheet" done so he can turn it in this morning. I had never heard of such a thing, but the more seasoned band moms gave me a head's up early in the year. They told me how to get the form to keep track of each and every band activity. You know... I really didn't need one more piece of paper on my desk - that I couldn't lose...

So, being the good mom that I am... I've been keeping track of the band activities (and that stupid piece of paper) - one tick mark at a time. It is finally time to turn the sheet in, and it is an honest tally of what he has done during the year.

Needless to say, he's 630 points short of a band letter - you need 2500 points for a letter. He will get it next year. Could he have done more things? Sure. Did he want to do more? Nah. So, this is fine.

BUT -- I have taken well over 1000 pictures for this group and will do the slide show for the band banquet. Personally, I think that effort should be worthy of a band letter of my very own. :-)

No comments: