Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday...

Last week at this time I was getting ready to take pictures of the pre-schoolers at our church's pre-school. They are 3 years old and absolutely darling - except to get them to smile I practically had to stand on my head. (I had photographed the 4 year olds the previous Thursday and they were down right easy. They spoiled me!)

What a difference a week makes! This week, I'm frantically searching through my files for a handbell piece - Siyahamba. I have already been through both file drawers, but I just remembered two baskets in my car that have music in 'em. I'll check there next. If the music isn't in those baskets (and I sure hope it is), it's at church and I'll have to run down there before school - which isn't that big of a deal since I'm meeting a friend for lunch and then we are heading off to another friend's P*mpered Ch*f party. Yes, I know I don't cook, but I find nifty kitchen tools for Mr. at those things. Besides, they serve snacks...

My other chores for today include laundry, dishes, vacuuming, dusting, and general de-cluttering. My children generate clutter like nothing I've ever experienced. I had hoped that as they got older, they might generate less clutter (since their toys and games got smaller and smaller), but that is not the case. My family room table is covered with all kinds of shrapnel - video games, controllers, calculators, paper clips, scraps of paper, note cards, a sock, and various other items which I cannot identify. Those items have appeared since Friday evening.

The boys have just left for the bus stop. Mr. has a leaky tire that he's going to have fixed on the way to work. I'm hoping and praying he makes it to the shop. He has a portable tire inflater in his car that he borrowed from Grandpa. (Yes, Grandpa has everything!) He pumped his tire up before he left. Let's hope it's enough... He has the magic AAA card, but it would be nice if he could just get where he needs to go without having to use it.

I guess I've rambled on enough for today... It's just a normal crazy day around here. My day really starts when I go to school. It won't end until I get #1 from rehearsal tonight at 9. The rehearsal is supposed to end at 10:30, but that's just too late for me. I turn into a pumpkin at 10...

No comments: