Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Interesting Stuff?

Over here in my little corner of the universe, I write whatever is on my mind at the time - It's kind of  like a journal, but not exactly.   I'm not saying that everything I write is interesting... Believe me, It never ceases to amaze me that some of you are still around reading my blather!!

What is interesting is the number of different people from different aspects of my life who read. My college roomie reads - Hi C!  My dear friend S from up north reads - Hi S!  My sister - she reads because she "has to".  Hi Nicole!  I have friends who I've met out here in "blogland" - Hi Renee, Jane, Daisy, Susan, Leanne, etc. Then there are my real life friends who read - Hello Ladies! (You know who you are.)  Heck, even my English teacher reads!

And then there are the church people.  There seem to be a lot of them reading all of a sudden...  (I like traffic, don't get me wrong.) I seem to be creating "buzz" at every comma. (How this little blog can create "buzz" still blows my mind!)  The only thing is that they try to read into every thing I write - they try to figure out what I'm "really" saying. People... I don't write here so you can read between the lines... there is nothing between the lines except white space. If I have something to say, I say it... Just like in real life -- only I don't put names or faces... anonymity is crucial out here on the web.  I just say it - Just like I do when you ask me a question...

If you see something of yourself and you don't like it... don't take it personally... chances are it's not about you.  But if it's something you might be able to change - please feel free.  Like the women in the restaurant who let their kids scream at the top of their lungs. If you let your kid do that, too... you might want to take note. 

I get my blog fodder from everywhere. I see crazy stuff going on all over the place. There are so many more things I could write about, but by the time I have time to sit here and write, I can't remember half of what I was going to say... Sometimes I write about my children.  I'm very proud of both of them and I want share their accomplishments with friends and family, but I don't want it to be "over the top".  Those posts are often the most difficult because I don't want you all to think that I'm bragging. Other times my knickers get in a twist and the words just come. They fly out of my fingers, through the keyboard and onto the page.  Mom and Joyce will understand that better than anyone... 

I know - my blog is just like a train wreck - you can't help but watch/read. And I'm glad you do.  What I write here is my opinion, my thoughts, my perception, my feelings about a particular situation... Nothing more. 
And it saves me from writing a Christmas letter every year...

No comments: