I can't believe this is my 100th post!! Here's my list of 100 things about me... I knew you'd all be thrilled to read it...
1. I am originally from New England.
2. I have one sister - Auntie Bug.
3. My parents have been married for almost 50 years.
4. I met my husband at a softball game.
5. I don't play softball. I watch softball. Ok, I don't watch very well either... I like to chat through the games...
6. We got married in December, 1989.
7. We renewed our vows in December, 1999.
8. We might do it again in 2009.
6. I have two children. And yes, I adore them.
7. I play handbells.
8. I direct a middle school handbell choir at a local private school. I love it!
9. I played flute and trombone in high school.
10. I have two cats.
11. I have a Mac. Once you go Mac, you'll never go back!!
12. I volunteer at our local library once a week. Ok, I try to get there once a week, but sometimes I just don't make it.
13. I volunteer at Little LadyBug's school library once a week.
14. I used to work at a public library. FYI - Librarians are fun. The stereotype is incorrect.
15. I went to college in PA.
16. I went to graduate school in MA
17. I have an MEd.
18. I am 3 credits away from an MBA. I don't care if I ever finish it.
19. I love to read.
20. I love to play scrabble.
21. I love to watch Little LadyBug ice skate.
22. I love to watch Little LadyBug dance.
23. I love to listen to #1 Son play the saxophone.
24. I love to listen to #1 Son play the piano.
25. I love to listen to my children playing... they have the best imaginations.
26. I don't like to garden.
27. If I plant something, it will die.
28. I can prune bushes very well. I can pull them out of the ground with the car very well, too.
29. I have never driven our lawn tractor. I don't want to drive the lawn tractor. If I drive it, I can mow. I don't want to mow.
30. I built our firepit with my parents last fall. I'm ready for spring nights so we can light a fire and roast marshmallows.
31. I love to roast marshmallows, I just don't like to eat more than one.
32. I need to decorate our master bedroom. It has ugly '80's blue wall paper and blue trim. If I wait long enough, it will all come back in style.
33. I need to have my stairs done in oak, the ugly carpet upstairs replaced with hardwood floors, and my foyer painted... Someday I'll have the cash for that...
34. I drove across the country naked when I was 3. I mooned everyone from CA to WI... That's when my parents figured out why people were beeping and waving as they passed us... I had removed all of my clothes and was wiggling my but as I leaned on the front seats - I was too hot! (those were days long before car seats!!)
35. Little LadyBug says I'm funny.
36. I love Christmas. It is my favorite holiday. I love to shop for gifts, wrap the gifts, and watch them be opened and hopefully enjoyed. I love the music at Christmas... I love to decorate... I love the advent calendars... the anticipation of it all...
37. I drive a long way for everything - even the mail.
38. I lived in Spain when I was a kid. I lived in El Ferrol.
39. I lost all of my English and spoke fluent Spanish. I went to Spanish schools and had Spanish friends. I often wonder what happened to them.
40. My mom re-taught me all my English... It wasn't fun.
41. I lived in Saudi Arabia when I was in junior high school. My best friends were Barbara Tuxbury and Barbara Abel. We left Saudi for the summer and never returned. I never got their addresses and often wonder what happened to them. I still miss both of them.
42. I was on a competitive swim team. I wasn't the best, but I wasn't the worst, either. I swam the breaststroke. I was never first - always second.
43. I was a lifeguard for 2 summers.
44. I was a Girl Scout.
45. I have camped in the desert and in the snow. I prefer the desert... it is much warmer.
46. I still know how to tie good knots.
47. I am a member of our local Newcomer's Club.
48. I love living in the country.
49. I don't cook. I do bake. I make a terrific cookie.
50. I love to watch HGTV.
51. My grandpa was a builder. My dad is very handy. I know how to do a lot of home improvement stuff. I also know my limitations...
52. I have granite countertops. I love them. They were my one splurge in my kitchen.
53. I try to go to Jazzercise 2 to 3 times each week. Mostly I make it twice a week.
54. I am now shorter than #1 Son. No, I don't like it. I do have to live with it, though...
55. I love photography.
56. I love scrapbooking.
57. I enjoy crocheting.
58. I enjoy cross stitching.
59. I am easily amused. I tell people I can have fun in a paper bag.
60. I have fleece sheets. I love them. They are the snuggliest things I have ever slept on.
61. My children have fleece sheets, too. They ask me to wash them and put them right back on the bed. I do.
62. I love snow.
63. I love sledding. I don't like walking back up the hill, though. Maybe we should install a rope tow...
64. When I ski, I ski so slowly that you can't tell if I'm going up or down the mountain. I am cautious.
65. I love 75 degrees and sunny, too.
66. I prefer Target over Walmart.
67. I love to hunt for a bargain.
68. If it isn't on sale, I won't purchase it.
69. I enjoy shopping, but I need to be in the mood.
70. I love Little LadyBug hugs.
71. I love to eat cookies... That's a bad thing...
72. I had my gallbladder out last January - emergency surgery. I don't recommend it.
73. I still have my appendix and my tonsils.
74. I had braces on my teeth as a kid.
75. I can't wait for my parents' house to be finished so they can move in.
76. I really want a dog. I'd like a welch corgi - the one with no tail...
77. I almost always wear socks.
78. I'd love to have a pool. But, when you live in the country, you have to think about the things you will have to scoop out of your pool - deer, fox, bugs, toads, snakes, bear... the list goes on... I think I'll pass...
79. I love to be my children's cheerleader.
80. I am quiet until I get to know you... then... well, all bets are off.
81. I don't do conflict well.
82. I am a libra... maybe that's why I don't do conflict well.
83. I don't mind sorting laundry. I do mind folding laundry.
84. I have blue eyes.
85. I have brown hair that is slowly turning gray... I gotta get me some hair dye...
86. I wear glasses. I have the rimless kind and I love them!!
87. I wore contacts on my wedding day. They were tinted blue and made my eyes look even bluer than they are. I tossed the contacts after the big day. Talk about vanity...
88. We honeymooned in Stowe, VT. It was freezing!
89. I did almost all of my Christmas shopping on line last year.
90. My children tell me that I'm sometimes nice and sometimes mean. I think that is a good thing.
91. I enjoy curling up infront of a warm fire.
92. I enjoy reading the ads in the Sunday paper, but we don't get the Sunday paper.
93. My favorite family vacation was our trip to Disney World two years ago.
94. I try to be organized. Sometimes I succeed - sometimes I don't...
95. I love all kinds of music - except rap...
96. I am enjoying blogging. I have "met" many wonderful people.
97. MommaK introduced me to blogging. Thanks, MommaK!!
98. I enjoy watching my kids grow in many different ways... But not too fast, please.
99. I am enjoying my life.
100. I love Mr. Bug with all my heart.