Little LadyBug had an appointment with the Orthopaedist at Children's Hospital this week. It was a final check up for a little something not serious at all.
1. What should have been a 45 min. ride to CH was 1hr and 15 min. I had planned for that.
2. When they confirmed the appointment, they said it was at 9:30am. I arrived at 9 prepared to wait 30 min.
3. At 10:15, we were still waiting...
4. I asked the nurse how much longer. She told me that if my appointment was at 9:30, then there was one person in front of me.
5. She came out to the waiting room a few minutes later and said, "Mum, your appointment is at 9:45 not 9:30. (Like I'm stupid??) So, now you have 2 people in front of you." I said, "Okay... so how much longer? How behind is she running?" I got no answer to my question.
6. I watched them call 2 more people. I should be next... I watched the nurse hand a file to another woman and tell her to call this patient because she was making me wait. Now, if I had been rude or obnoxious... maybe... but I had been extremely nice. My mother is a medical professional and I certainly don't want to insult her profession...
7. At 11, they took us for the xray... Do you see a discrepancy between the scheduled time and the time they took us?
8. Right after the 2 min. for the xray the tech brought us to an exam room - it was occupied... he tried another... same thing... he finally put us in the casting room.
9. We waited another 25 min. We played "thumb war". We listened to a baby cry in the next room... for the full 25 min. Was I agitated? Ummm... YUP!
10. The doctor came in and asked how we were today. I said, "I've been here since 9 for a 9:30 appointment. It is almost 11:30. I am not too happy." No appology from the doctor.
11. The doctor checked out the xray and Little LadyBug's back. All is fine. She is free to go.
12. The doctor asks if we have any questions. I say I don't. Little LadyBug pipes up, "I do. I have a question. I want to know why you made me wait so long." I love that kid!!! The doctor gave the lame excuse that she gets backed up sometimes. Little LadyBug's response, "hm, really?"
13. We marched out! The drive back took 45 min and that included a stop to drop the Little LadyBug at school.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants