Sunday, January 21, 2007

Pottery Time

Good friends of ours are having their 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration this afternoon. I was looking for the perfect gift. I wracked my brain for days on end. Yesterday I went "down town". I looked in all the little shops. I kept being drawn to pottery items, but they just weren't "right". You know?

Suddenly, it came to me. My sister, Auntie Bug, is a potter. I should give my friend one of Auntie's bowls. Auntie makes the most beautiful things - I have many of her items and I love each and every one of them. I use them all the time.

I bought this large bowl for my friend:

So - if you are looking for a great gift for yourself or someone special, drop on over to Lazy Bear Pottery and take a gander. She also has a couple of pieces out on Etsy.

Her pottery is dishwasher and microwave safe. It's just the best - and it's beautiful!

5 comments:

Katherine said...

I like those colors!

Anonymous said...

That bowl is beautiful!!! I would love getting such a nice present.

Reese said...

That's beautiful, and brrrrrr... no?

Just D said...

LB, can you email me?

Melli said...

HoooOoooly Cow! I LOVE pottery - and your sister's stuff is gorgeous! I'm definately gonna get a ... a ... a somethin! Gotta think about this! BOWLS are great! OH my! Her prices are very reasonable too!