Monday, May 28, 2007

We're Done...

It's Monday! Happy Memorial Day!

We had our annual Strawberry Festival this past weekend and it went off without a hitch. I was in charge of crafters this year (This means I got to the park at 5:50am on Saturday - yup it's early...) 50 arrived, set up, sold their wares, and generally had a successful weekend. One crafter complained about his spot to my friend and co-worker, G. It seems he didn't like spot #01. Well, he was given spot #10. All were very well marked in large numbers on the ground. Last time I looked #10 was between #11 and #9 not between 1B and 2. We got that all straightened out and he was much nicer after that. The mistake was his... not ours. We can't help it if you can't count!!

The children spent the two days helping to run the various children's games like sack races, tug of war, milk bottle toss, etc. They jumped in and did extra shifts when other kids didn't show up, they both went above and beyond the call of duty and worked both days almost all day. (They were only required to work 2 shifts a day.) They did a great job and I received many many compliments on their work ethic and their stamina. They are both generally pooped out today. LLB has been flopped on the couch since she got up this morning. She's going to her friend A's this afternoon for a swim. I certainly hope she has enough energy to keep herself afloat... Poor #1 has 3 projects due in the next two weeks. He started his science project this morning, but has a lot more to do. He'd rather have spent the morning in front of a TV, I'm sure.

I worked the hayride and the front gate yesterday. Both spots are fun. You get to meet a lot of nice people and enjoy the beautiful weather. The only issue I have with working the gate is people who think that $20 a carload for a day of entertainment is too much. Deliver me! You can't go to the movies for $20... And you drove all the way out here... You saw the info in the Post and on TV... The price hasn't changed... If I was pocketing that $20, you could have a fit, but it all goes to charity... Heck, write it off on your taxes as a charitable contribution...

Mr was Captain Strawberry this year. He took over for a dear man who died suddenly this week. Mr. had big shoes to fill, but fill them he did! He ran the Strawberry tent like a pro. I bet Mr. gets to do it again next year, too.

I did a little bit of shopping at my crafters' booths... I got a gorgeous basket from the basket guy. I got a ladybug collar for Zebbie. I also got the yummiest dog cookies for my Zeb. He spent the weekend curled up at home... No fun for him. I wanted to go back and get a couple of other things, but I got busy... Next year...

#1 and Mr. ran in the 5K race yesterday. They both improved their times. Mr. actually beat #1, but because of the age thing and the number of runners in each age group, #1 got a medal and Mr. got a pat on the back for a job well done. Did you know that there are more runners in the 50-59 age group than there are in any other group? Me neither...

It was a long, but fun two days...
Now we get a couple weeks off before we start to plan for next year...

2 comments:

Clearlykels said...

1- Your kids were awesome.

2- You left out that everyone who went to pay with you at the gate turned around. :-)Only one of my people turned around.

3- I bought Sparky a collar and leash too, his has sailboats on it, uber preppy. :-)

4- You forgot about Mr & his excellent burger making later that evening. The festival beer and burger fete!!! My burger was perfect.

5- Ha ha, I have to tell you about the Welcome tent. Next year I am spending more time at the hayrides :-)

Dixie said...

Sounds like you all had a great time!

I had to work.