Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Where does the time go?

I can't believe it's Tuesday already...

I am frantically getting the slide show ready for tomorrow's concert. Every time I think I'm done, I get another batch of pictures in my email. I love that these parents are sending pictures, but I really needed them a month ago. I have 3 more coming today. Someone sent in photos. The band teacher is scanning them in for me.

My handbell concert is tomorrow afternoon. My kids are ready. Their music is good. Their costumes - I'll let you know. We are playing Under The Sea from Mermaid. They are going to bring sun glasses, leis, and hawaiian shirts. I hope they can pull it off! I've got my hawaiian shirt ready... We are playing other songs, too - but UTS is the most fun.

This coming weekend is the big strawberry festival our church puts on. I'm in charge of crafters. That means that I am still receiving calls from people who want to sell their stuff. Umm... It's a little late, don't cha think?? One lady called me and wanted her same spot from last year. You can't call the week of the fair and get your spot! You get the remnants if there are any. Needless to say, I haven't received her check and I'm virtually full.

I re-joined Jazzercise last week. I feel great. I'm losing some of my plumpness and I'm re-toning what used to be toned. I don't think it will take all that long to get back into shape - I can still do a gazillion sit-ups and not ache for days on end. We'll see what's sore after Momma K gets through with me today. I'm off to her class for the first time today. Last week I could only go MW... This week it's MTW. If I can still move on Thursday, life will be good.

LLB is still not herself. Yesterday morning, I called the doctor's office (Did I mention that they put me on hold for over 20 min. and lost me. I had to call back 3 times to get a human!) and told the nurse the symptoms. They said they'd speak with the doc. and call me back. The nurse called me at dinner time. That's convenient - NOT! She didn't even have the results right! Now, she wants LLB to do another strep test. Hmmm... I need to think about this. Every time I go, I pay big $$ and I have to sit with other sick kids. Eeeww.

I think I might change doc's offices. When we started with them, the office was small and we always saw our doc. He called back. He got the results. Now they over book, we wait forever, the nurses call back with incorrect information. I hate it. I still love the pediatrician. He is wonderful... once you get to him. Maybe I'll call today and ask to have him call me back. If he calls. I stay. If he doesn't... I'm looking for another doctor... That sounds rational... kinda... sorta.

2 comments:

Dixie said...

The same thing is happening with my kids pediatrician. I picked him because he had a small perssonal office, freindly staff and we never waited more than a minute or two. Now it's at least a 15 minute wait and all his staff has changed and they are rude.

I don't want to find another one just yet. We are looking to move, so I will deal with it until then.

Anonymous said...

It is very rational! I have called the affiliated hosptial before and complained about what was going on (similar issues) and they eventually started fixing it. I've also learned to only schedule things like shots, and etc. when my fav. nurse will be there and I specifically ask for her if I have a question over the phone. She's used to me and my ramblings :-d Good luck at the concert tomorrow! And I hope LLB feels better soon!