Sunday, June 03, 2007

Decisions... Decisions...

So I suppose you all want to know what I decided about the PTO thing...

Well, I thought about it for quite a while. I knew they were going to ask me...

The girl that is the co-chair is a terrific person and is as busy as I am. We chatted and we decided that together we'd make one okay President. She's in the schools alot as am I. All the committees are in place and the only thing we have to find people for is to pass out schedules in August. We know who did it last year and we know that they will all do it again. We also work well together, so it really won't be all that bad. The job is such that we can make it as involved as we want. We don't want an involved job, so...

The children did the American Cancer Society Relay for Life last night -- it's an over night thing. We left them at 10 last night. At 4 this morning I got a call from a tearful LLB. It seems that one of the younger kids puked all over himself and on her. They were sleeping under the stars and this poor kid just upchucked everything he ate. He got some on her sweatshirt and her sleeping bag... The eeewww factor was more than she could take.

I got in the car at 4:03 and hauled butt to get her. I packed up the tent they didn't sleep in along with all the other crap they needed and was home by 6:15. (#1 was asleep in the car before I left the parking lot. LLB waited until I hit the highway and then she was out like a light.) I had the tent set up in the yard and the laundry in the washer by 6:45. At 7am I looked outside and it was raining on the tent I set up in the yard to dry. It's going to sit out there until the sun comes out and dries it...

At 8am I got a call from a kid that went to the Relay but had left at midnight. He didn't take his stuff with him when he left -- I still don't know why. I dropped his sleeping bag off on my way home, but I had no idea he had more crap...
"Hi, is #1 there?"
"He's in bed asleep. Can I help you?"
"Yeah... What happened to my stuff at the Relay?"
"What stuff?" (Like this is my job to watch your stuff that wasn't labeled...)
"Well my sleeping bag was on my porch, but where is the rest of it?"
"I dunno."
He was a little pissy. But, hey... it's not my job to take his stuff home.
His mother jumped on the phone when he got snippy and I told her what I knew -- which was not much. The stuff is with someone... I just don't know who yet. She thought they had until 9am to get it, but with the rain, everyone left early. Besides, is it really my job to track it down?? I told her that I had no idea he had more stuff. She gave me a list - a pretty long list of stuff - and I told her I'd get back to her... We had a good laugh over the whole thing... Kids!!

I'll keep you all posted.

It's 11am. LLB is still sleeping. Upon her arrival home, she jumped into the shower. She just had to get rid of the eeewww factor. #1, fresh out of bed and the shower, is currently ensconced in front of the TV with his eyes glazed over. He'll be moving in slow motion for the rest of the day...

Remember when I told you that #1 was up for the Champion of Excellence Award at school... Well, I was informed by a secret spy that he did not get it. He is up for a couple other really big awards though, and will definitely get one of those. I was a little disappointed - as I'm sure #1 will be, but it is nice to know that girl that is receiving the award is a deserving student and only beat out #1 by less than one point... That makes losing a little easier to swallow. :-)

So, I've caught you up... I think.

No comments: