Friday, January 04, 2008

Getting Better

I am on the mend. I went to the doctor's yesterday. He asked me my symptoms, told me there was a sale on green gobs this week, and then handed me a prescription for my all time favorite medication - Levaquin. (Don't get your knickers in a twist ~ I know this is high power stuff. But it works.) It will cure whatever is in there. I feel much better than I have, but I'm going to take it easy for the next few days.

I'll be doing laundry, playing sudoku on my DS, drinking lots of water, and relaxing on my couch. I'll also be transferring my children from their current pediatrician to a family practice close to home. I'm tired of driving. I'm tired of being treated like a number after driving such a long way. I feel a bit guilty leaving their current doctor. He's a great guy, the kids like him, and he "gets me". Alas, the distance, the cranky front desk staff, and the inability to see "the pediatrician of choice" when the children are sick have all added up to: "I'm out of here".

Wish me luck as I navigate the insurance company web site. If you don't hear from me in the next couple of days, you'll know that they have swallowed me whole!

No comments: