Sunday, May 18, 2008

Am I Nuts?

So back in September the Band Parents Organization asked me to take pictures and create the slide show for the band banquet and awards ceremony this June.
I took almost 3,000 - yes, that's 3 thousand, pictures.
I was at a meeting the other night and they told me that a student was doing the slide show. I was a bit put out. I tried to look at the bright side - I really didn't want to put this whole thing together. They were saving me a ton of time.
But to have to hand over my 3,000 pictures is irritating.
Not for nothing, but those are my pictures!
I made sure I got every single kid. I didn't want anyone to feel left out.
Besides, I took those pictures with this foolish slide show in mind.
So now, some kid is going to put it together. Will this kid use the best pictures? I don't think so.. 3,000 pictures is a lot of pictures to go through. I bet they give up after the first 500. Believe me - I've been through those pictures more than once. Will this kid make sure that everyone is in the show? I sure hope so...

Am I whining? You bet!
I'm a wee bit irritated and the more I think about it the more irritated I get.

I'm sure the slide show this kid creates will be fine, but it won't be what I had in mind. It won't be what I've pictured in my head all year. That's a bit... I dunno... umm... depressing...

Will I take 3000 pictures next year? Sure I will, but I'm not handing them over to some snot nosed kid to use. I'm saving them for when #1 is a senior. I - and I mean no one else - will create the slide show that year. Nor will anyone else create it when LLB is a senior. No way. No how.

So - what do you think? Am I over reacting? Am I nuts?

No comments: