Friday, May 30, 2008

Band Student of the Year!

My LLB won the Band Student of the Year award for the 7th grade!
She worked very very hard to get it. It is based on grades and extra credit. She had a 99.5% classroom average and 70 extra credit points for attending and or participating (playing her trumpet) in different musical events.
When it came right down to it, I thought she would get it, but I just wasn't sure. LLB had convinced herself that someone else had gotten it, so when Mr. H called her name, she was genuinely surprised.
She worked hard and her hard work paid off. She is a very happy camper.
BTW: The slide show was awesome! I had a few tense moments the night before when none of my slides would load, but Mr. helped me fix it. Whew!

In other areas of my life things are extremely busy.
The berry festival is over and the end of the school year is upon us. Last night was the Sports Awards. #1 got a certificate for Track. He was happy.
Today is the Middle School's last dance of the year. I've got to be back at school at 11 to sell tix.

And - as if I don't have enough to do:

LLB found out it was her friend BT's birthday today and she wanted me to bring a cookie so she can give it to him. Do I look like the cookie fairy??

Don't answer that!

No comments: