Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday 13


Thirteen Things LadyBug Is Thinking About Today


1. LLB is now an official NJHS member. She and 10 of her friends were inducted last night. The ceremony was lovely - and short. (I like short.)

2. My ginger ale ice rings worked beautifully! And they looked pretty darned good, too!

3. The punch was delicious and everyone enjoyed it. I guess that is what it is all about.

4. I am having the PTO Volunteer Appreciation Pot Luck here on Saturday.

5. We are going to make that punch again because it was so yummy - AND the punch bowl is out and clean so we might as well get some use out of it.

6. I have a few more rooms to clean and a mountain of laundry to get done before then.

7. Mr. was mowing the back 40 when he hit a rock and severely injured the lawn tractor. It took quite a while to get the broken part amputated from the mower deck - it involved a sledge hammer and some well placed wrenches.

8. Now we just have to figure out what parts we need and order them. At one point I thought I might be looking at purchasing a new mower... Alas, that is not the case and this one can be fixed.

9. Although, my dear friend R had a terrific idea - get two mowers! Then you'd have one for each kid. They can both go out and mow! I do LOVE that idea!! It would get done faster and they'd both be busy for a couple of hours.

10. Heck, once they got really good at mowing, I could rent them out!!!

11. Somehow, I don't think they are going to go for that...

12. When I came home from dropping LLB at the bus, there was a really fat squirrel sitting in the driveway. I slowed down... He just sat there looking at my car. I stopped. He didn't move. I crept forward. I didn't want to kill a squirrel in my own driveway!!! He waddled to the nearest tree and climbed up about 2 feet. He stopped and looked right at me as if to say, "Umm... sorry... I forgot to move."

13. Zeb and I are off for a walk. It's my treat for doing chores today.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



No comments: