Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday 13


Thirteen Things Ladybug is Thinking About Today


1. Our first PTO meeting was last night. It looks like we'll have lots of help this year. I sent out a volunteer plea and I've already gotten 2 of the items checked off the list. I'm so relieved I could cry. I just can't do it all this year...

2. I went to Substitute Training yesterday and I learned how to be a substitute teacher. I knew you'd be thrilled. It was an overly exciting experience... not.

3. #1 had a not so pleasant experience at the last football game. One of his band mates threatened to punch him for cheering for our team. Isn't that what you are supposed to do at a football game?

4. He reported the incident to the band director via email over the weekend.

5. I thought that would be the end of it, but it seems that it didn't stop there.

6. #1 got called to the office to tell his side of the story to one of the principals.

7. The other kid is now off the marching band - as he should have been over aweek ago. He swore at another saxophone student - one of #1's dear friends. Let's just say that threatening my boy (a black belt in karate) was the icing on the proverbial cake.

8. The dynamic on the field is far different - much more unified and calm.

9. The kids are happy. Their nemesis is gone.

10. Band is supposed to be a family - a happy healthy family, not an abusive one. And now it is a happy family.

11. I've got a million things to do today including laundry, dishes, and marking music. Anyone wanna help mark music?

12. I'm taking a well deserved break this afternoon to have lunch with my dearest friend. That "carrot" is going to keep my arse in gear all morning.

13. We have church bells tonight. I'm psyched! Our bells are back from the spa and I am hoping to move into the bass line - my favorite place to play.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



No comments: