Sunday, July 29, 2007

Just Stuff...

Yesterday the children volunteered at a farm that operates solely on volunteer power and feeds many needy people. It's the kind of mission work I like. They don't have to go far, it doesn't cost me, and it helps local people.

The kids were pooped when they got home. It was 95 in the shade yesterday! The children said farm work isn't fun, but that they would do it again - at harvest time. Yesterday they weeded the watermelons. I'm sure it was a hot, miserable, and dirty job, but they did it without complaint. I heard from #1 that LLB worked really hard. He was pretty impressed with his little sister - called her the Energizer Bunny. I heard the same thing from one of the parents. This particular parent told me that she was quite impressed with both of my children and their work ethic.

Mr. and I must have done something right :-)

We can't get them to pick up their rooms, but they will go out there and do what needs to be done to help others. I guess I can't ask for anything more than that. Although, a picked up room would be nice...

3 comments:

Clearlykels said...

That is awesome! They are such good kids. I'm glad they had fun even if it was hard work.

Melli said...

Sounds to me like your kids heads are in JUST the right place! Hope they keep that attitude as the grow... and I bet they WILL!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post about your kids!!!! Im so glad I stopped here.