My discover card has a ladybug on it. (Need I say more?)
Anyway, Discover has come up with a new and innovative product - Current - It's designed for teens but tailored for parents! It's a way to give your teenager a "credit card" to learn how to manage money, BUT allow the parents control the spending. Check it out! It's actually one card for everything:
- You can use the card for purchases big and small
- Earn online and in-store discounts at thousands of stores and restaurants nationwide
- Get cash when you need it at the ATM - 4 free withdrawals per month!
- You decide how much your teen can spend
- Restrict shopping in categories like ATMs, hotels, tobacco stores, liquor stores, and more
- Set daily, weekly, or monthly spending limits - This is my favorite!!
- Monitor purchases online, or receive email or text message alerts
- Add funds from your checking, savings account or direct deposit or even your own credit card.
- Teens can access tools and tutorials that help them learn to spend smarter
- Teens can directly deposit their own paychecks - it is certainly harder to spend your own hard earned cash!
- $0 liability guarantee means that we'll reimburse 100% of any fraudulent charges made with your teen's card
- Disable a card if it's lost, and easily enable it when found
- Because it's not a credit card, there will be no effect on you or your teen's credit history
If you think this card is perfect for your family - sign up!
Need more information? Check out the FAQ.
This is a MomCentral post!