Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th everyone!

We are off to a neighborhood bash this afternoon - complete with hayride and fireworks. I'm making my world famous potato salad. Drop on by and have a bowl.

#1 Son was successfully dropped at camp yesterday. If he'd had his way, we'd have dropped him off at dawn.
At breakfast he said, "Can we leave now?"
"Son, what time are you supposed to be there?"
"Um... 2 o'clock."
"What time is it now?"
"Nine"
"how long does it take to get there?"
"Um... and hour and a half"
"What time would we get there if we left now?"
"Oh.. uh.. 10:30. I guess it's a little early..."

When we arrived at the drop-off point, #1 Son headed off to see his friends who had returned from last year - mostly girls. Mr. Bug looked around and whispered in my ear, "I know why he loves this camp. The ratio is 2 to 1 -- 2 girls to 1 boy." My response, "He is not a stupid child..."

LBC

5 comments:

MaR said...

It seems your #1 Son is a clever boy!!! happy 4th, I have my bowl: may I have some potato salad? Pls? have a great day!! :)

Jane said...

Have a great time!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I still do not know WHAT I did to my template but I have restored it.

Just D said...

Love it!

Renee Nefe said...

You raised a good kid. :D

Samantha said...

Does your tater salad have onions? LOL Happy 4th :)