Tuesday, July 11, 2006

It's just so....

Annoying -- Part II

So, Dave shows up today with a new compressor. He works in the 95+ degree heat. He works for hours.

We leave at 2pm to get cool in the local library. I need to negate my fines anyway, so I volunteer.

We stop and chat for a couple of minutes before we leave. Dave says that he'll get it running and we'll be cool in no time.

We return home from the library. The unit isn't running.
There is a note on the counter.
Poor Dave...
The note says:
Installed new compressor. New compressor not working. 2nd compressor is bad. Will return tomorrow with NEW heat pump.

Okay... one more steamy day.
I'm just glad that the upstairs A/C working.

1 comment:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

How did we live before air conditioning? We never had air until about 1995. My hubby and I then moved into our first NEW home and had it for the first time. Course here in Savannah you would just simply DIE without it. I hope soon that you get a new compressor. Go see a movie!!