Tuesday, July 11, 2006

It's just so....

Annoying!

Okay. Are you ready for the next installment of my griping?

The brand new A/C unit that cools my house and part of the addition is blowing hot air. This is not the same one from last month. This is the big honking unit. Excuse me, but it is summer. It should blow cold air. I want it to heat in the winter, thankyouverymuch.

I called the A/C guy, I'll call him Dave, and he said he'd be out yesterday by noon. He would come out himself and check it. I told him we had to take LLB to camp and pick up #1 Son and that we'd be home as soon as we could, but that we'd be gone most of the day. I also told him that I'd leave the house open for him.

We arrive home at about 4pm. Where is the A/C unit? It is no longer attached to the house. It is in the middle of the yard. Great. Another hot night at The Crossing. At least the upstairs unit works!!

Dave called shortly after we arrived home. He got Mr. Bug. I was busy in another room. I let Mr. Bug handle it. (Mr.'s got a sense of humor that won't quit, but he can be snide.) Poor Dave. Mr. Bug kinda let him know that we really weren't happy that this very expensive unit wasn't working. Dave assured us this was unusual for Trane units. (I certainly hope so.) Anyway, it seems the compressor was a bad one. Dave will be out today with a new one.

Let's hope this one works longer than 2 days...

You want my take on the situation? I think the guy that does the installation doesn't have a clue. I think he does something stupid and shorts the thing out. But, what do I know..

No comments: