Monday, February 08, 2010

Monday

Is another day without power...
I love the fact that we can survive out here with our generators, but really, I've got baking to do and laundry to wash. (I am so glad the laundry was caught up when the power went out on Friday night.)
I can do the pioneer woman thing very well, but I haven't baked in a dutch oven over an open fire in a really long time... Those are skills that need to be nurtured and honed. I will not be honing them now - it's a little cold out to be doing that, you know?
That said, I've got a hankerin' for cookies and I think I might be able to bake 'em in the grill.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

1 comment:

Renee Nefe said...

I'm pretty sure you can find some recipes online for camping cookies. good luck.

do you have mail delivery? I could sell you some Girl Scout cookies. ;o)