Saturday, February 27, 2010

Victory is mine!

We had an unwelcome guest at The Crossing these past 2 days. A short fellow with large ears, brown hair, slender fingers, and a long tail... Yes, we've had Mr. Fieldmouse in for a visit. Fortunately, he spent his time under the couch and NOT in my pantry.

Today, I evicted Mr. Fieldmouse. The trusty colander and thin plastic cutting board were once again my tools of choice for rodent eviction. If you remember, I evicted Mr. Chipmunk the same way last spring.

We gently pushed him out from under the couch with a broom handle and I captured him with my trusty colander.

Mr. Fieldmouse has been returned to the great outdoors.
I'm sure his family will be thrilled that he has returned unscathed. He scampered down the snowbank and under the deck when I released him.

The felines in this house are not happy with me at all. Because of my excellent trapping skills, they won't get the afternoon snack they so desperately hunted for two days.

4 comments:

pamibe said...

I have a little Dachshund here who would love to help with any rodent problems... ;)

Kim @ What's That Smell? said...

See personally I would rather had the rodent in my pantry. I can go OUT and get food...I don't have another couch to sit on.

You totally need faster cats!

craziequeen said...

ooh - I hate rodents......horrible little beady eyes.... totally phobic - so glad I don't have cats who hunt any more :-(

Just popped by to say hi - and how do you always know the right thing to say.....? Is it a gift....?

cq

Renee Nefe said...

I'm so glad you're rid of the mouse and I hope his terrible ordeal keeps him from making a return trip.

And what's up with your cats that they didn't catch this bugger and keep him out of the house in the first place? slacking on the job kittehs!