1. My handbell concert went great yesterday! My kids nailed their pieces and were very proud of themselves.
2. My children had their band concert last night.
3. The 6th grade played first. My LLB had a solo. She played it perfectly.
4. LLB received the Band Student of the Year for the 6th grade.
5. She was so happy!
6. The 8th grade played last.
7. #1 had a solo as well - a jazz solo. He nailed it! He really is a terrific sax player!!
8. The 8th graders did superlatives. #1 got most talented and biggest workaholic!!
9. #1 received the Band Student of the Year award for the 8th grade.
10. He got this award 3 years in a row.
11. To get the Band Student of the Year award you need to have the highest score throughout the year. LLB had a score of 112. #1 had a score of 104.
12. LLB beat her rival, Kay, by 10 points. I hate to be a totally competitive parent, but... YIPPEEE!!!
13. Oh... and the slide show... it was pretty darned good! I have some requests for copies - I bet I get more in my email today...
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
That is AWESOME that they both got the award! They must be very talented in the musical dept.
I think you guys should start a band this summer, just for the fun of it and call it Lady Bug Crossing and the Buggets. Wow. That sounded better in my head ;-)
That really is awesome I bet you are so proud! And YEY that LLB beat out Kay. **Happy Dance**
Post a Comment