Friday, August 02, 2019

August? Already?

Wow! July blew by in a blink!
Not only are we searching for a new Rector for our church, but we hired a new organist/music director. She seems lovely and motivated, but change is hard.  There are a big bunch of unknowns. She seems to want to do a lot of things, and at the same time,  appears to have forgotten that the group is small. I’d like her to eventually take over, but I’m not sure the group is ready for that. Only time will tell.
I’ve been really busy getting ready for the handbell year for both churches. We’ve got a lot of events scheduled and I can only hope those who can benefit most from the workshops decide to go. Sometimes I think I’m the only one who wants to do these events... if I could get them to go, I know they’d have a great time!
We had a couple of trees come down in the front yard. Today we started the cleanup process. We are doing a burn pile for the first time ever. We just have way too much tree shrapnel not to.  We have a decent sized pile started and will add to in on a cooler day. My foot did ok. It is tired. It’s getting hot out, so we are done for now.
Happy Friday, all!

No comments: