Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's been a while...

So it has been a while since I posted. Sorry about that, but life takes over when you least expect it.
My #1 is off to VMI.
He is really enjoying it - although the first 9 days were pure torture.

When we saw him at matriculation, he looked like this:
Check out the poor kids behind him... they look like they might just puke!

He took the Cadet Oath at New Market. This is a very special occasion and the first time we get to see the kids since we left them at matriculation. When we saw him at New Market, he looked like this:

His requests have been simple:
1. Mom, can you send me a Swiffer?

Now, how many college students do you know ask for a Swiffer? Yeah... mine is probably the only one.  BUT - they passed room inspection with those nifty Swiffers I sent. I sent the Swiffer wet, the Swiffer dry cloths, and the Swiffer duster. There was no dust or dirt to be had in that room.  I think Swiffer ought to do an advertising campaign at VMI - those kids sure do know how to clean!!

2. Mom, can you send some of LLB's cookies and some other snacks? I'm starving. The food sucks!

We have sent cookies, peanut butter cups, granola bars, slim jims, chips, and more. Friends have sent brownies. I guess mess hall food is not what it's cracked up to be.

3. Mom, can you send brass polish?

How many of you out there with college kids have ever even thought about sending brass polish? Well - I sent the best: Simichrome.  I haven't had any complaints about polish that doesn't work since I sent that stuff. That stuff is magic!!

By the way, under that hat, he looks exactly like he did when he was six and had a buzz cut. He looks like this:

1 comment:

Renee Nefe said...

Perhaps the bad food is to get the guys ready for MREs? lol

He looks like he's doing well and learning to clean up quite well.