Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Affresh Stainless Steel Review

I was sent a bottle of Affresh Stainless Steel cleaner.
I have a stainless steel sink that I can never seem to get clean. Gram gets really annoyed by smudges and fingerprints on her stainless steel appliances. I thought that this might be a great product for us to try.

Gram used the Affresh on her appliances first. (She had fingerprints, water drips, and smudges and since I had a sink full of dishes -- She won!)  She sprayed a soft cloth with the Affresh. She rubbed. The smudges and fingerprints came right off. The drip stains from the ice/water in the door where people dribbled took more than one application, but nothing else has ever taken them completely out until now.
The company claims that the cleaner stays put where it is sprayed... not so much on a smooth vertical surface.  Gram put paper towels on the floor to catch the drips from when she sprayed the water stains on the fridge.  But honestly, it's not a huge deal.
Gram's dishwasher front was kind of a mess. With one application of the Affresh, it looked like new. No smudges. No drips. No nothing.  And a week later it still looks great. Ditto for the fridge. I don't think it has stayed as clean looking ever...  

I emptied my sink and proceeded to clean my sink.  Affresh works well. The scent is wonderful and clean. My problem is that the minute I get the sink clean, someone comes along and fills it up or runs water or just gets in my way.  That said, it seems to stay cleaner longer - you know?  The stains don't seem to stick to the sink the way they did before.  I did notice that when I sprayed the sink, the Affresh didn't seem to run down it as fast as I thought it would. It did sorta stay where I sprayed it. I wonder if it's because the sink is a different kind of stainless than the fridge...

What they say:

Affresh® Stainless Steel Cleaner gently cleans the fingerprints, smudges, and residue left behind from daily use. The cleaner combines commonly used cleaning agents with special ingredients that, when used as part of a normal maintenance program, can help prevent the formation of residue that can build-up on stainless steel surfaces.

The durable, distinguished look of clean stainless steel can really make a kitchen shine. Keeping that look, though, has always been a chore, until now.

To ensure maximum performance, Whirlpool recommends a monthly maintenance and cleaning routine detailed in the product’s Use & Care Guide. With the new Affresh® Stainless Steel Cleaner, consumers have even more cleaning power to help resolve the build-up residue.


Anyway - we'll continue to use it and let you know if we still like it in a few weeks!  Although, since we cleaned the appliances last week, they've stayed clean... This stuff seems kind of expensive - $6.99 per bottle - but since you use so little and the clean lasts so long, it's a great deal!


 “I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Affresh and received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.”

No comments: