Monday, November 22, 2021

Moving towards….

Thanksgiving… 

Around here we are thankful for all the blessings we have received. We are thankful for the home we have, the family we love, and all the good things that make up our life out here in the boonies. The list is long and when we contemplate that list, we smile. 

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on that, but around here Thanksgiving very quickly leads to Christmas… that means that things need to be done and in place for Thursday. This year dinner is easy - steak on the grill to be served with all kinds of yummy veggies. Dessert is to be provided by LLB - one of her famous lemon meringue pies and one oh so yummy chocolate mousse pie. Oh I cannot even wait! It’s a good thing she arrives Thursday because if she arrived with those pies on Wednesday, I’d eat every bit of them and she’d have to make more for Thursday. I have zero self control around pie - especially LLB’s pie. 

Today I’m going to be moving things around and putting things in place for Christmas deployment after dinner on Thursday. At the moment, I’m typing here. No worries! I got this! I’ll run around like a chicken and get it all done. But first, I need to futz with the laundry, run the dishwasher, clean out the wood stove, dust, and vacuum… then I’ll get things moved around, out, and ready to go. 

I’d best get to it! 

Remember - count your blessings - you’ll be amazed at how many there are.

No comments: