Monday, August 27, 2007

It's The Most Wonderful...

Time of the year!

School starts today!!!

Let me tell you, 5:45 came mighty early for #1.
He came down ready to hit the books.
He was confident. He was nervous, but he was confident.
He studied his map and his schedule as he ate his breakfast of dry cereal. (He takes after his Auntie.) He didn't eat very much, but he ate some.
Now, don't get your knickers in a twist! I offered to make him whatever he wanted and he chose the cereal.
I made him a HUGE lunch - just in case he got hungry. (He has to stay after for band, and I wanted to make sure he could last until dinner.)

We headed off to the bus at 6:30.
#1 looked like the ultimate high schooler as he boarded the bus with his cool new messenger bag slung over his shoulder -- confident and ready to find his way through the maze they call the high school.

I arrived home at 6:38 - I had 10 minutes to swap the wash before LLB's alarm clock went off. I'm thinking I might like this new schedule.

LLB came down and requested 2 eggs - fried with the yolks broken. She ate it all.
She was definitely ready to get to school and start her year.

I took the requisite pictures, but this is the first year that I don't have the children together. That made me a little sad, but only because the scrapbook will be harder to do. I'll get over it.

We headed off for her bus at 7:30. I was home at 7:47.

What am I going to do to occupy my self?
I am finished with the laundry. I've had breakfast. I've walked the dog.
I'm having lunch with friends to celebrate the first day of school.
Yup - I'm a happy mommy!

11 comments:

Melanie said...

Well congrats to your MOM time! :) Hope the kids have a great day!

We are on week 2 here and so far so good!

Lazy Daisy said...

Yay You....high school already! Whew, wish I already had the laundry done. Happy first day of school!

Uisce said...

My youngest can't wait for school to start -- that's tomorrow, but we have kind of a popsicle social today to meet the teacher. But even she doesn't understand the reason for the excitement of this most wonderful time of the year -- FREEDOM!! :)

Susan said...

Celebrating with you...have a great school year.

:-) Susan

Norma said...

That's quite a routine! I can see that a great year has begun for the kids.

Unknown said...

Celebrate good times. Hooray!

MaR said...

Happy first day of school!!!

Clearlykels said...

I hope their first days went well. xoxo

Sharpie said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYY for you! Enjoy your peace and quiet - I am looking forward to mine tomorrow as well.

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Yay! I am also so happy school has started. I have time to breathe each day!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

This may seem good, but if you get hooked on daytime television you will be a bad mommy in no time. Do you know some people even scrapbook Eva Longoria?