Friday, April 16, 2010

A Kitchen MeMe

Melli had this meme on her blog and I'm borrowing it because it's fun!

1. Do you have magnets on your fridge?
I do. BUT, I only have a few and they are ladybugs, of course

2. Do you have a calendar in your kitchen, if so, what’s the theme of it?
I cannot live without the calendar!!  Theme: My sister and her husband. They send us a new one every year at Christmas. I don't know what I'd do if they didn't send one every year... I'd probably have to break down and buy a calendar!

3. What is your favorite kitchen gadget?
I guess Mr. doesn't count... Hmm... I'd have to say my bamboo spoons - I use them for everything.

4. Are you lucky enough to have a pantry of some kind?
Yes, but it is small and cramped and not well planned... It needs an overhaul, but so do a lot of other things around here.

5.What is your favorite appliance?
Mr. still doesn't count? hmm... I'd have to say my kitchenaid mixer. It's red and wonderful and I LOVE it.


6. Do you have an eat in kitchen (table in it)? Yes we do, but we prefer to eat at the island because the table is too tiny and only seats 2.

7. Do you have a bread box?
no

8. Do you have a picture of your kids on the fridge?
Yes. I have 3 pix of those goofballs on my fridge at the moment.


9. Do you ever cook breakfast in your PJs?
Who doesn't?

10. Do you have a favorite cookbook that you use?
I have many. Anyone want a Band Cookbook? $5 will get you the best recipes ever!!

11. Are you lucky enough to have recipes that were passed down from your mom or grandma?
Yes. I have some really great ones from mom and Gram. And I've got some from my Grandmother H. that are missing an ingredient. Classic.

12. What’s your favorite food?
Anything Mr. cooks.

13. What’s your favorite thing to cook?
I love to bake cookies.

14. Is your coffee pot electric or stove top?
Electric

15. Do you ever make your own bread?
I used to all the time and then our bread machine pooped out...

16. Name one thing that you have hanging on your wall in your kitchen:
I've got a ton of things hanging in my kitchen... My faves are my signs especially the one that says, "There will be a $5 charge for whining."


17. Is there a clock in your kitchen?
YES!

18. Do you have a bowl of fruit sitting on your table or counter?
No, I like my counter bare.

19. What type of canisters do you have?
I have tupperware in the cabinets but no canisters on the counter.

20. Does your kitchen have a theme?
Clean.

21. What’s for supper tonight?
Tacos.

22. Do you have enough cabinet space?
Yes... But I could always use more.

23. Does your family use paper plates?
At Polo.
 
24. Do you have a good set of china?
Yes, I have 2 sets. I have a winter set by Villeroy and Boch and a formal set by Wedgewood. I LOVE china. I'd have more if my family would let me.
25. Do you wear an apron to work in your kitchen? That would mean I actually do stuff in the kitchen... right? So no. I don't wear an apron, but I have a couple in the drawer.

26. Name one thing, if anything, that you would like to change about your kitchen.
New fridge - side by side with ice and water in the door....

1 comment:

Renee Nefe said...

K, I did this too. LOL