Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Gifts

My sweet sister in law gave me a generous monetary donation for the handbell group at my church in memory of my mother’s death. This morning I figured out what to do with it. I could have bought music. I could have put it towards the refurbishment. Instead, I decided to purchase fabric and make new covers for the foam we use on the tables. We will use them for every single rehearsal and performance. I will see them every week and every week I will smile (once I get them made - until then, I will probably make faces, grumble, and moan because I can).
Today I will start the process of making these covers. It’s been at least 20 years since I made covers for another church’s bell foam. Somehow, it’s a skill that’s like riding a bike... you never forget!
I need to make 8 covers. I have 2 cut out... I will make one, put it on a piece of foam, and make sure it’s right before I go crazy.
If you want the directions, let me know. If you want to help me, come on over!

No comments: