Sunday, June 17, 2018

Saying it...

There have been a lot of deaths in the extended family in the last month or so. We’ve lost grandmothers, mothers, grandfathers and other special people. We will miss them all. I’ve found that people might not say how they really feel out loud or in so many words, but an angry outburst or a sigh often says more about their feelings than they care to admit. Recently, I heard from an extended family member. In 3 angry sentences aimed at me, yet not aimed at me, that person told me how much their loved one meant to them, how much they missed them, and how they were struggling. So, they might not have said, “I really miss my loved one”, but they said it - more than once.

Next time you talk with someone and they say something mean or harsh or unwarranted, remember that they might be dealing with stuff...

Dad died in 2015 and Mom passed away in February. My sister and I have always said that their deaths were a blessing, but that doesn’t mean we don’t miss them both. That said, I know my sister and I have each other.  Our respective spouses are extremely supportive - of us and of all the crazy ideas we have.  They understand our odd sense of humor. They made a difficult time not so difficult. We are lucky. We know it.


No comments: