Thursday, March 23, 2006

Thursday 13


Thirteen Things About Our Trip to the Orthopaedist


Little LadyBug had an appointment with the Orthopaedist at Children's Hospital this week. It was a final check up for a little something not serious at all.

1. What should have been a 45 min. ride to CH was 1hr and 15 min. I had planned for that.

2. When they confirmed the appointment, they said it was at 9:30am. I arrived at 9 prepared to wait 30 min.

3. At 10:15, we were still waiting...

4. I asked the nurse how much longer. She told me that if my appointment was at 9:30, then there was one person in front of me.

5. She came out to the waiting room a few minutes later and said, "Mum, your appointment is at 9:45 not 9:30. (Like I'm stupid??) So, now you have 2 people in front of you." I said, "Okay... so how much longer? How behind is she running?" I got no answer to my question.

6. I watched them call 2 more people. I should be next... I watched the nurse hand a file to another woman and tell her to call this patient because she was making me wait. Now, if I had been rude or obnoxious... maybe... but I had been extremely nice. My mother is a medical professional and I certainly don't want to insult her profession...

7. At 11, they took us for the xray... Do you see a discrepancy between the scheduled time and the time they took us?

8. Right after the 2 min. for the xray the tech brought us to an exam room - it was occupied... he tried another... same thing... he finally put us in the casting room.

9. We waited another 25 min. We played "thumb war". We listened to a baby cry in the next room... for the full 25 min. Was I agitated? Ummm... YUP!

10. The doctor came in and asked how we were today. I said, "I've been here since 9 for a 9:30 appointment. It is almost 11:30. I am not too happy." No appology from the doctor.

11. The doctor checked out the xray and Little LadyBug's back. All is fine. She is free to go.

12. The doctor asks if we have any questions. I say I don't. Little LadyBug pipes up, "I do. I have a question. I want to know why you made me wait so long." I love that kid!!! The doctor gave the lame excuse that she gets backed up sometimes. Little LadyBug's response, "hm, really?"

13. We marched out! The drive back took 45 min and that included a stop to drop the Little LadyBug at school.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



13 comments:

MaR said...

Oh, I hate waiting for a planned doctor's appointment. It figures they are not doing this for the first time and they could plan it better. Good to hear everything is ok! My tt is up!

Kelly said...

Does not sound like fun.
I would have be really irritated.
I probably wouldn't have been able to speak I would be so ticked.

Kimmy said...

You've got a great Little LadyBug! I can't stand waiting for a doctor that crams three people in the same slot. I am very proud of you for not making a scene when she said she's making you wait. VERY PROUD!

Glad everything's fine with the LLB!

My 13 are up!

Anonymous said...

I have billed a Dr. for my time in the past. Never waited again.

Lazy Daisy said...

Little lady bug must be your alter ego...what a kid! Hope you treated her to lunch before taking her to school. My T13 are up.

Jennifer said...

what a crock of #$#!$ to make you wait that long!
that's the children's hospital for ya though!

Killired: Thursday 13

Anonymous said...

Ugh. That stinks. Sorry you had to wait so long!

J&J's Mom said...

Dr.'s like that really piss me off...I don't mind waiting when I know the dr is going to spend just as much time with me as the child before mine...but that was just ridiculous!!

Unknown said...

Ugg. That bites. I would have been so impatient. But lucky you for having such a funny witty kid!

Melli said...

Oh yesssssssss I hate it when doctors act like OUR time is of NO value whatsoever! (and they are not ALL like that -- my pediatrician is not -- but MOST of them are!) I feel for you AND the little lady bug!

mine's up.

Colleen Pidge said...

I hate waiting for doctors! I love Little Lady Bug's comment!! Priceless. Great list.

Katherine said...

SO annoying!! I let stuff like that drive me crazy. Little LadyBug made my day with her comment though - good for her. You obviously taught her right, hee hee

Anonymous said...

[url][/url] [url=]cheat at online poker blog poker[/url] cheat at online poker blog poker [url][/url] [url=]poker chips with hot stamp mistakes[/url] poker chips with hot stamp mistakes [url][/url] [url=]poker chips maker[/url] poker chips maker [url][/url] [url=]home poker tourney build poker table in the online encyclope[/url] home poker tourney build poker table in the online encyclope [url][/url] [url=]pro poker names online[/url] pro poker names online [url][/url] [url=]used in acctual play world poker tour chips[/url] used in acctual play world poker tour chips [url][/url] [url=]tournament edition poker chips[/url] tournament edition poker chips [url][/url] [url=]token poker chips child[/url] token poker chips child [url][/url] [url=]strip poker pc game review andnot online free[/url] strip poker pc game review andnot online free [url][/url] [url=]want to buy poker chips[/url] want to buy poker chips