Friday, February 02, 2007

Friday's Fiasco

Well, it's not yet a fiasco, but if I keep my expectations low, whatever happens will all be good, right?

Let me fill you in on yesterday...
I completed the archeological dig and only sneezed about 25 times. Not too bad!! I moved dressers, I rearranged shelves, I took the bed down, I disassembled a "desk". I was very busy in LLB's room. I'll post pix and explanations of what was before once her "new" furniture is in there. I should have taken "before" pictures, but I didn't... I just couldn't expose the world to that disaster.

We were supposed to get snow starting at 6pm. At 2pm, the school system cancelled all afterschool activities - the sun was shining!! There were wispy white clouds in the sky - not snow clouds... Alas, the children were home earlier than expected.

The Grandbugs arrived around 1pm and look like they are happy to be here. We went to lunch at our favorite burger joint and then came back and waited for the phone guy. Did you get that time? The phone guy was supposed to arrive between 8am and noon. I saw his truck through the trees at 12:45, so I ran down the driveway to make sure he knew where he was supposed to be. He's a total dork - a nice dork, but still a dork. He arrived at the house at 4pm and then told us that he'd have to come back. He gave the Grandbugs temporary phone by stringing wires all along my fenceline and across the yard to their house. Did that make Grandbug happy? Ummm... no. Basically we waited all day and still have no real phone. Grrrrr...

So now it is morning. We are waiting for the truck. There is no snow - there is not a flake to be found (outside anyway -- inside we got a few flakes!!). We are enjoying the calm before the storm... I'm just waiting for the chaos to begin...

I'll try to visit you all, but no promises for a couple of days.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

See! I told ya the phone guy wouldn't be on time...Didn't want to be right, but there you have it.